Where to download FW image?

Where to download FW image?

HozzászólásSzerző: ACuser001 » 2022.01.17. 17:39

Firstly I want to apologise in advance for posting to a Hungarian forum and writing in English, I figured translating my comments wasn’t worth it knowing Google can be a inaccurate at times.

I joined this forum as it seems to be the most active regarding discussions for the iEAST Audiocast M5;

I have an older unit which does not detect a firmware update from the app.

Looking to manually update to the the latest firmware (4.6.335854) as I have two newer units that have automatically updated and cannot be used with the older one.

Is there a source to download the image?

I have a copy of the update utility but missing the image, would appreciate any help :)

Thanks
ACuser001

Re: Where to download FW image?

HozzászólásSzerző: Leonard » 2022.01.18. 10:18

ACuser001 írta:...I have a copy of the update utility but missing the image, would appreciate any help...

We have no firmware images actually (only THIS old one), and I am not sure if you can install a new firmware on an older model because of the hardware revision. I can suggest you write to support@ieast.net, sending your UUID, and asking them to let the new firmware accessable for devices with this UUID on their server, if possible. Knowing their support, your will not get any answer, and nothing will happen :(
On THIS page you can give the local IP address of your M5, and click the device status with the UUID ("uuid": "FFxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" format at the beginning of the log text file). You can try the DO IT NOW button too at the bottom of the page (Do mandatory OTA update), it installs beta firmware (if available) or the lates official if you have older on your player actually.
iEAST.hu adminisztrátor – Kérdezz bátran, hiszen: „I'm Your Man”
Leonard
Adminisztrátor

HozzászólásSzerző: ACuser001 » 2022.01.18. 18:44

Thanks for the input Leonard, I was actually hoping you would reply :D

I had already done as you mentioned using the troubleshooting page, unfortunately when forcing the beta firmware the response I got from the unit was just “ok” and nothing happened.

I have also emailed support but no response as you mentioned.

The FW version you mentioned is newer that the one I have available, would you be able to provide a download link?

I understand that if it doesn’t work it will likely brick my device but at this rate I don’t really care as the purpose of the device is for multiroom audio for which my current unit does not.

Thanks again for your reply, hopefully I can make it work :)
ACuser001

HozzászólásSzerző: Leonard » 2022.01.19. 14:14

ACuser001 írta:...would you be able to provide a download link?

Hi, this is it: link... It is valid on this week only.
If after this update you still won't be able to find the latest version online, I will give you a Skype contant from iEast to "kick".
Leonard
Adminisztrátor

HozzászólásSzerző: ACuser001 » 2022.01.19. 20:00

Thanks a lot Leonard! (and for packaging the update utility with it).

Good news, I didn’t brick the unit..bad news, the app doesn’t detect an update.

I’ve written again to iEAST support but would greatly appreciate any further info to get a hold of them - based on your previous comments I guess radio silence was expected :D
ACuser001

HozzászólásSzerző: Leonard » 2022.01.20. 10:34

ACuser001 írta:Tthe app doesn’t detect an update...

It is not possible. I gave you a ZIP file, it contains everything you need, including the "a31youyishi_audiocastM5_new_20200430_all_burning.img" firmware image file and the "Update Tool.exe" Windows updater. I hope you extracted the ZIP from me, and used the Update Tool.exe and the firmware above. The "Upgrade firmware.jpg" picture is the user's manual for this app. It works for sure.
Leonard
Adminisztrátor

HozzászólásSzerző: ACuser001 » 2022.01.21. 20:33

Perhaps a misunderstanding, I used the firmware you provided and successfully updated :)

The additional comments regarding an update was because I had hoped that on a newer firmware, the app may present an update button to allow me to update to the latest one but unfortunately not.

Thanks again for providing the file, it was a very straight forward process as you described.

Hopefully I get a reply from support regarding the latest image, otherwise their Skype contact would be helpful to give them a friendly reminder ;)
ACuser001

HozzászólásSzerző: Leonard » 2022.01.24. 16:25

ACuser001 írta:Perhaps a misunderstanding, I used the firmware you provided and successfully updated...

Oh, OK, great to know! I will send you the Skype contact in a private message soon.
Leonard
Adminisztrátor

Vissza: Audiocast (M5)